This combination was a great dinner! Spicy Jerk Pork Roast (recipe soon to come) with Island Spice Roasted Cauliflower (recipe also soon to come) and Cajun Black Bean Fried Rice.
Slightly spicy and loaded with flavor, this is my new favorite way to have rice and I’m sure you’ll all be a fan too!
- 3 cups cooked left over rice
- 1 cup Black beans
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1-2 tbs Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 tbs oil
- In a large pan melt the butter into the oil over medium heat.
- Add 1 tbs of the Cajun seasoning into the oil and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and black beans and cook until heated through, approximately 5 minutes. Add more seasoning if needed.
- Once the rice and beans is heated add the tomatoes and green onions and stir so the veggies are evenly distributed throughout the rice.
To be honest, I get bored of plain rice. I’ve been trying to find ways to spice up the rice in my life and this recipe is versatile and simple and it went great with the Chicken Tikki Masala and Naan Bread we had with it. Highly recommend making Indian food at home if you are a fan of it. Love the way the house smells while it is cooking!
- 1 cup of long grain white rice or rice of choice
- 2 tbs butter + 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 & 1/2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 &1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2-3 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk or another cup of chicken broth
- Over medium heat melt butter in a large sauce pan or pot.
- Add the rice and stir until the rice begins to lightly brown.
- Add the garlic, onion powder, tumeric, salt and pepper and stir until well mixed in.
- Slowly stir in the cilantro, chicken broth and coconut milk and turn heat to high.
- Bring the mix to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes or as per the package instructions.
- Remove from heat and fluff the rice with a fork and serve.