Sweet & Sour Pineapple Sauce
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs cooking sherry
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water + 3 tbs corn starch mixed
- 1/4 chopped red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tsp water
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 2 chicken breast, cubed
- Oil, enough to generously cover the bottom of a large saucepan
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium sized pot combine all the sweet & sour sauce ingredients together and bring to a simmer over medium low heat, stirring occasionally until thickened and the sauce becomes clear.
- In a small bowl mix the cubed chicken and cornstarch together ensuring all chicken is evenly coated and whisk the eggs in a separate small bowl.
- While the sauce simmers, in a large sauce pan heat oil until a small sprinkle of cornstarch sizzles.
- When the oil is hot using a fork remove the chicken piece by piece and dip in the egg and then place in hot oil. Cook all chicken pieces until golden brown on all sides.
- Place the chicken in a casserole dish and pour the sweet and sour sauce over top, mix well so chicken is evenly coated
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes and serve over hot rice 🍽️