There is a place near our home we like to go to for 1/2 priced wine and appies every now and again. They have a Bruschetta there that I can’t seem to get enough of. There’s always more tomatoes than bread and I can’t help myself but to grab a spoon and finish it off. Then I came to the realization that I can make this at home! Total eureka moment right?! This my friends is my personal take on bruschetta
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp mined garlic
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp ground fennel seed
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 fresh baguette
- Grated cheese, I used the Philadelphia Creamy Garlic & Herbs
- Combine all of the above ingredients together in a small bowl and mix until everything is evenly coated.
- Adjust salt and sweetness to your personal preference. This is just how we like it.
- Transfer to a container and allow it to marinate for at least 1 hour but I would recommend overnight.
- Set oven to high broil, slice baguette and place on a baking sheet. Generously cover each piece with cheese and broil until evenly melted.
- Serve immediately
Shaved parmesan and freshly chopped parsley make for an appealing and tasty garnish 👌