Tangzhong is basically a water roux that makes your bread nice and soft as well as helps your bread feel fresher longer. It is obviously an Asian technique that seems to be popping up in lots of recipes in the western side of the world. It is also used in Yeast Donuts.
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- In a large pot over medium heat, bring the water to a light boil.
- Add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Continue whisking until the roux has become thick and your whisk leaves a line in the pot that does not close together.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature before using.
Keeps for 2 – 3 days in the fridge