- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 3/4 coffee cream
- 3/4 chicken stock
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp cayenne
- Pinch off turmeric ( this is for color only, it isn’t mandatory but I love the yellow it gives the sauce )
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 2 tbs fresh grated parmesan
- 4 cups old cheddar
- In a medium sized pot add the butter and garlic. Melt over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted whisk in the flour, pepper, paprika, cayenne, turmeric.
- Pour cream and stock into the butter and flour mixture ( aka Bechemel Sauce ) whisking continuously until it begins to thicken.
- Add the parmesan and cheddar, 1 cup at a time and stirring constantly.
- Once your desired thickness is achieved, remove pot from the burner and stir in the salt.
This sauce can be used for Scalloped Potatoes, Mac n Cheese or just for pouring over steamed veggies.