I find flax meal has a slight resemblance to bran and I just so happen to really like bran. I found this hermit cookie recipe and did some alterations to it and the results were quite yummy!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white surgar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold strong coffee ( go crazy and try flavored coffee! )
- 1 egg
- 1/2 – 1 cup of dried cranberries or fruit of choice
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup flax meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix sugars, coffee and butter together.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and bake for 10-12 minutes.