Cream sauces. The Dude and I LOVE cream sauces. It’s hard not to eat them more often then we should. This one really takes the cake for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that will have you going back for more.
- 4 tbs Lazone Seasoning
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cubed into bit sized pieces
- 1/4 cup butter + 1 tbs oil
- 2 cups heavy cream ( I prefer coffee cream )
- 250 grams cooked pasta ( if your frugal like me and you have left over pasta you just can’t bare to toss, throw it in a ziploc bag, push all the air out and freeze it. When you need it again all you have to do is soak it in hot water for a couple minutes and it’s done! )
- In a medium sized bowl mix the cubed chicken and 2 tbs of Lazone Seasoning at least an hour before cooking. If your in a rush it’s not mandatory and it will still be lip smacking good!
- In a large sauce pan over medium-high heat melt the butter & the oil. Cook the chicken until no pink is left in the middle, about 8 minutes. Don’t worry about the seasoning sticking to the pan. That will release when the cream gets added and will become a big part of flavoring the sauce.
- Once cooked lower the heat and add the cream into the pan and simmer stirring often for about 5-7 minutes or until your sauce thickens up. If it’s taking longer than you think it should don’t be afraid to turn the heat up and don’t worry it will become thick. And keep in mind that cream sauces always appear runnier then they will be once they begin to cool off.
- Once the sauce has thickened add thr remaining 2 1/2 tbs of seasoning and salt to taste and stir till well combined. Remove the pan from the heat. From here I like to toss it with the pasta in a large bowl before it cools off too much and becomes thicker. Allow it to sit for about 5 minutes before dishing up.