I have literally tried too many stir-fry recipes in my life and for the most part they have been not so good. Mostly tasting like brown sugar with soy sauce because thats what they pretty much were. All I wanted was a really good sauce without packaged, processed chemicals coming out the Ying yang! This one caught my eye. I knew I had to go shopping because I didn’t own half the ingredients but that’s why I felt good about it. No regrets.
- 3 tbs oyster sauce ( quality counts )
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 3 TBS Chinese cooking wine or Sherry
- 2 tsp sesame oil ( very important for the flavour of your sauce. I almost passed it up and it would have been a shame! )
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp white pepper ( again another item that is crucial to the sauce and I recommend getting it as well )
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 & 1/2 tsp sugar or half a package of sweetener
Combine ingredients together.
Will keep for a month in the fridge.